1. The customer verifies that vehicle is free of contents;
2. No delivery time is guaranteed. All delivery dates and times are only estimates of normal deliveries (delays may occur). Transporter does not agree to transport shipment in time for any particular market, or event and will NOT be responsible for loss or damages occasioned by unavoidable delay. There are absolutely no guarantees made, expressed or implied, regarding delivery times or dates.
3. The Transporter will NOT be responsible for damage caused by leaking fluids, transmission fluids, battery acids, brake systems, cooling systems, anti-freeze solutions industrial fall-outs and acts of God.
4. The Transporter will NOT be responsible for ANY luggage inside the vehicle and there will be additional charges for transporting luggage decided by the driver.
5. The Customer is responsible for preparing the vehicle for transport. All loose parts, fragile accessories, low hanging spoilers, ect. Must be removed and properly secured. Any part of the vehicle that falls during transport is the customer’s responsibility including damages caused by said part to any and all other vehicles involved.
6. The Transporter will NOT be responsible for any mechanical-function damages including: engine, transmission, rear end, motor mounts, drive trains, wiring system, cooling systems, window motors, tires, radios, stereo systems, power steering, air bag, brake cable or break system, clutch cable or clutch, engine tuning, vehicle computerized systems, alarm system, any switch, alignment or suspension etc.
7. The Transporter will NOT be responsible for any exhaust system, mufflers, or tail pipes hanging from the vehicle. No exceptions.
8. The Transporter will NOT be responsible for convertible tops that are loose, torn, or have visible wear. The Transporter will NOT be responsible for vehicle boots, caps, masks, bras, or any other type of canvas, or material covering. No exceptions.
9. All payments for Transport must be in the form of cash, business check, cashier's check, money order, ACH, Chase QuickPay, Zelle. The transporter does NOT accept Paypal, Credit cards and Personal Checks. The Customer agrees that if the payment cannot be made the vehicle will be stored at customer’s expense. Should the Customer be unable to accept delivery for any reason, the vehicle will be placed in storage. Any and all storage and/or delivery charges will be the responsibility of the Customer.
10. The Customer agrees that should this vehicle become inoperative for any reason during the transport, a charge of NO LESS THAN $200.00 (two hundred dollars) will be added to the transport charges and will be collected at time of vehicle delivery. Exception: Vehicles that were specified as Inoperable prior to truck arriving at pick up location.
11. The Customer agrees that their vehicle is insured and their insurance has primary responsibility.
12. The Customer agrees that this is the ONLY contract between parties governing this transport and no other agreement, or contract is in effect. No claim or legal action of any kind may be initiated against transporter’s agent(s) or the transport broker (if any). Claims for damage must be made to the Transporter.
13. Exceptions for damages must be noted on the Bill of Lading at time of delivery, a claim for damage not documented on Bill of Lading will NOT be honored. All claims must be made in writing within 5 (Five) days of delivery with a statement of specific damages claimed. All claims must be supported by at least 2 (two) repair estimates, from 2 (two) independent institutions. All Claims and/or Estimates will be investigated to prevent overcharging for personal gains. Any Estimate that is found to be overcharging will be denied, including future claims for same vehicle.